Sales Engineer – CAE/CAM
The Sales Representative will increase new and existing business by adapting ANSYS engineering simulation products and solutions into customers’ engineering environments and product development processes, ultimately helping customers develop new products and improve existing products and processes. The Sales Representative will be responsible for driving sales from initial contact to close within an assigned geographical territory, and/or specified named accounts.
- Accountable to deliver quarterly and annual sales targets as well as intermediate sales forecasts
- Develop and manage pipeline and advance sales opportunities through sales process to close
- Perform online or face-to- face product sales presentations on ANSYS engineering simulation software solutions, provide quotations, negotiate deals, obtain purchase orders and contracts
- Conduct company / market / industry research, identify key stakeholders, understand decision processes and establish decision criteria within target companies
- Share relevant case studies and solution ROI metrics, and persuade key stakeholders to change / transform engineering design processes by implementing a recommended individual solution based on interpretation of target company information gained
- Regular and disciplined CRM usage regarding pipeline, sales forecast and opportunity / account / contact management
- Through continual contact with various levels and departments within customer organizations, extend and elevate relationships by working to further understand needs, barriers to simulation adoption, improvement opportunities and circumstances regarding the process of engineering product development.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business field
- Minimum of 4 year of work experience in CAE/CAM industry.
- Strong work ethic, and motivated to work in a high performing, result oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Software licensing/ CAE consulting services experience is must for this role.
- Candidate must have a valid driving license and a vehicle.
- Should be willing to travel and meet customers along with technical engineer.
- Quarterly customer facing activities will be necessary to be successful in this role, which may require travel
- Ability to gain and utilize the understanding of both engineering and physics applications
- Stay up-to- date on emerging technologies, engineering techniques and product development trends
- Internal drive and motivation to meet established goals related to activity levels
- Ability to coordinate and work will with other sales professionals